Address of Hon'ble Speaker on 23rd October 2017 at Parliament Library Building on the occasion of call on the 40 Participants from 10 countries under the the Know India Programmes
1. It is indeed my pleasure to be here today amongst this youthful gathering of 40 participants of Indian Diaspora.
2. I hope you would have enjoyed the hospitality extended to you by the people and the concerned authorities and witnessed rich cultural and historical heritage of India.
3. While returning to your country, you will be carrying alongwith you some sweet and lasting memories and homely feelings about Indian traditions and culture etc. Such regular visits assume significance as they strengthen the special relationships amongst our countries and especially amongst persons of Indian origin.
4. Let me assure you all that India extends you its unbound love, unlimited affection and unconditional support.
5. The Indian Diaspora, today, has grown into an energetic and confident community of over 30 million that have given India a presence in all the continents of the world.
6. It makes all Indians proud when the overseas Indian community is recognized for its work culture, discipline, social values and capacity to integrate successfully with the local communities and respect their traditions.
7. You people have not only left your footprints in your respective countries but also impressed spiritual and cultural imprints in the hearts of the natives.
8. One thing I would like to impress upon you is that structurally Indian plural groups present one culture, may be small or large in size, but all of them display a sense of solidarity among themselves.
9. Indian civilization is distinguished from other civilizations in respect of its continuity and diversity, its accommodating history and its composite character. The groups that migrated to India were able to maintain their unique cultural identities within a larger society and their values and practices were accepted by the other cultures.
10. Today, we are a robust, stable and one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Besides having a formidable industrial and manufacturing base, we have developed one of the world’s largest pools of scientific and technological manpower. We have achieved all this despite numerous challenges such as poverty and terrorism.
11. Indian Government is working on the fronts of Make in India, Clean India Mission, Rejuvenation and Inter-linking of rivers, sustainable development, Skilling the youths, development of green-technologies and environmental issues, waste-to-wealth, ease of doing business, renewable sources of energy etc. This provides ample opportunities for entrepreneurship and growth.
12. Be a part of this growth process. I am sure this will complement your education, talent, professionalism and innovative ideas.
13. I wish you all success in your future endeavours. Also lots of blessings to all of you.